Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oh, Be Joyful~

This week I have had alot on my heart as I have really been able to relate to the 1 Kings 19:11-12...It's amazing how we do not see God until after the wind, earthquakes & fire. Our faith is being perfected through those times. As I was thinking and praying over something specific in my own journey, a friend of mine, shared with me an insert from a Beth Moore study dealing with faith. So many times we get caught up in the 'what ifs.' We get hung up on things like, 'What if this happens' or 'what if I never get this....' She mentions that "IF" stands for 'I FEAR.' This struck me as very real. How many times do we hear that? ALOT. That is the beginning of a lie right from the pit of you know where. The most critical breakthrough of faith you and I could ever experience is to let God bring us to a place where we trust Him-period. We don't just trust Him to let us avoid what we fear the most. We determine to trust Him NO MATTER WHAT, even if our worst nightmare comes true. Satan has no authority over us when we come to that point. I just wept when I read her insert. It feels so good to be at a place where I am totally satisfied in Him. To know that nothing ELSE satisfies or quenches a thirst only He can quench. So, that being said- the Lord gave me this verse to share this week and I am rejoicing:

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith-of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire-may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed . Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1:6-9

Isn't that awesome? Oh, how I lost it in the ugly cry after reading this over and over. I had to share. This is my 'wilderness verse.' Hope it touches you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment