Monday, March 2, 2009

still small voice...

Wow! It's hard to describe how amazed, excited, inspired, and well just overall pumped I was from our class this week! So many people shared thoughts and experiences related to "living by faith" and I learned so much during that time. I'm so thankful to be a part of such an amazing group of people, committed to God! The phrase "turning a corner" comes to my mind when I think of us as a class. I find myself anxious to see what God does next. Is it Sunday yet?

As we closed, I introduced a scripture reference that we'll be discussing next week. In 1 Kings 19:11-12 , we are given a glimpse as to what I believe to be a key element of our faith when it comes to listening to God. Do you find it interesting that in this scripture, Elijah doesn't "find" God in the loud, obvious, "cut and dry" manner that we so often expect and/or hope for? This scripture tells us that God "was not in" the wind, an earthquake, or a fire. No Elijah found God after all this...in a "still small voice".

If you get a chance, take a look at Elijah's experiences in 1 Kings chapters 16, 17, and 18. We'll talk about all the things Elijah had been through and the signifigance of this "still small voice".

See you soon! KO

No comments:

Post a Comment